Cross posted from my company blog – http://blog.zopnow.com/2012/02/10/36-24-36/
Now we have enough juice to share some yummy details about customerÂ behavior. If your eyes pop out, donâ€™t blame us.
– The average Gross Merchandise Value of a single order is 4-5 times ofÂ offlineÂ retail and this is when we are yet to launch the million features we have in mind to increase it.
– If you thought onlyÂ CinderellaÂ had an issue when clock stuck 12, think again. The time slot 12-1 is the most popular time slot for our customers to buy. Did I forget to add one minor detail, I am talking about afternoon here.
– We have enough customers who buy SKUs in tripple digits ( > 99 ) in one order
– 3 out of 4 customers come back within a month with a bigger order. AsÂ SchwarzeneggerÂ said â€“ I am back.
– Gross Margins in double digits is not a dream but reality once you get your category mix right
– Â Edible Oil and Home Care are top 2 categories. People spend twice on edible oil compared to Personal Care.
– Tea is twice asÂ popularÂ as coffee in Bangalore. Now that is a surprise for us also.
– Juice consumption is almost thrice of soft drinks. Who said Bangalore is not health conscious?
-Â We are sending a SWAT team to analyze that why is there a strong co-relation between people who buy orange juice also buy Harpic Plus Orange toilet cleaner.
– Over 15% orders are â€œSho Shweetâ€. I mean they have atleast 1 kg of sugar.
– Bangalore hates to take care of itâ€™s shoes. This category reminds me of my rank in my class at IIT Kanpur.
– Expenses on diapers is 10 times of what it is on infant food. How do you explain that input/output balance Bangalore?
– Amount of Aata sold is thrice of rice. Now that sounds like a poem.
– Our customers like laziness.. almost 30% ordered maggi
– People spend twice as much on cleaning toilet over teeth. Get yourÂ priortiesÂ clear guys.
-Â Our customer â€˜likeâ€™ turmeric thrice as compared to chilli powder. Yellow yellow, lazy fellow.
– Based on our deep research, we have come to conclusion that per Kg of toor daal you need to spend 22.346 grams of Turmeric powder to make a perfect daal
-Â Sorry Imran .. as per us Akshay Kumar is doing better.Â Thums up Sales are twice as good as Coke
– We are planning to hire PhDs to figure out why 27% of our customer buy organic food and â€œAct II Butter popcornâ€ in the same order. If you have a clue, write to us. I promise you Rasam Rice lunch with our team.
– And last but not the least, our sincereÂ apologiesÂ to all the customersÂ who searched for â€œdark fantasyâ€ on google and ended up seeing the â€œSunfeast Dark Fantasy biscuitâ€Â at ZopNow. This is as close as we can get to help you.